New York City is such a beautiful place during the holidays and there are so many amazing things to see and do. One Christmas traditions we do, even when in London was to do a Santa Crawl. That is when you go and see Santa in different places. I think it’s so lovely and fun especially with younger kids.
One thing I noticed in NYC that is different from London is that there is a form of continuity and resemblance in all the Santas. They all look alike. Even the brown Santas. I think this is really good because we tell the kids that it’s a fun game trying to trick Santa by going to see him in different locations. Like a Santa hunt. So them looking kind of alike helps the younger kids to keep believing that it is the same one Santa, but in different locations.
On the 16th day of Christmas we went to see the Santa at Lotte Palace Hotel, again, and I’m going to give you a list of 6 places to go see Santa in NYC.
- The Santa at Macy’s. Macy’s Santaland is truly magical. No wonder people travel far and new just to come here
3. The Santa in Lotte Palace Hotel. I love this one the best because it is very relaxing, no queue. There is a reading, you can go have breakfast in the restaurant first. There is a beautiful letter box and beautiful Christmas trees in and outside. It is truly magical during the Christmas holidays.
4. Santa at the Rockefeller’s center ice Rink. This one is not free but you get to either have breakfast or lunch with Santa while overlooking the ice rink. It is a beautiful experience.
5. The Santa at the Brookfield Place New York. Create lasting experience with the Santa at Brookfield Place.
6. The Santa at The Plaza Hotel. If you have watched Home Alone and are into Christmas movies you will know that you cannot have Christmas in New York City without a trip to the Plaza Hotel. It’s so beautiful.