A good friend of mine is coming to visit us this fall and we were talking about what she was going to pack for the trip. Here are few things you need that will help you travel light and still look fabulous when visiting New York City this fall.
1. Trench coat/blazer – the weather is getting pretty cold. Not as chilling as winter but cold enough so a trench coat and couple of layers should keep you nice and warm. And if you get too cold, there is always a Starbucks around the corner for a nice warm cup of drink.
2. Umbrella – It rains a lot in NYC, one minute it’s raining and the next its sunny, so you would need an umbrella that is small enough to fit into your handbag, so it doesn’t become an additional hassle to be carrying around.
3. A handbag – You would need a place to keep everything. preferably one that can double as cross body bag so your hands can be free to explore or if you are more on the feminine side like us, one that you can attach a purse/clutch for evening time outings.
4. Flat shoes/boots – New York City is a beautiful place to visit anytime of the year. It is a tourist destination for millions of people every year, there are various things to see and places to go. You will be moving from one place to another, lots of steps to climb so it is important you have a pair of comfortable flat shoes on hand so you can enjoy all that the city has to offer. If you want to see more of NYC you will need to walk, you need flats to explore the beautiful neighbourhood and parks.
5. Sunglasses – A pair of sunglasses is one accessory that always comes in handy in all weather, be it to cover those marks from lack of sleep because you are still jet lagged or you are complementing your outfit or simply protecting your eyes from UV rays (yep, even in fall). Sunglasses are a most when visiting New York City. As they are stylish and gives you that Audrey Hepburn – Breakfast at Tiffany’s look. I personally love to go for those coloured ones, it adds more flavour to your photos! Black is always a classic too.
6. A scarf – a winter scarf that is soft and large enough to double as a shawl for those days when we are having an Indian summer – meaning, it is supposed to be cold because it’s now fall however, the weather still feels like a little bit of summer. And on such days, it can also be used as a picnic blanket when sitting on the grass in Central Park to look at the skyscrapers. A scarf can also compliment your outfit or used as a cover up when breastfeeding and so on.
7. A Jumper – An extra pair of clothing to keep you warm and stylish is always a good idea.
For The Kids
1.Coat – one that doubles as a raincoat and that has a hoodie
2. A boot – a good and comfortable one that is both stylish and functional.
3. A backpack – small one to put their favorite toys, crayons, medication and memorabilia from NYC.
4. And other things you feel you need for your trip. Just remember, it rains and there is a lot of walking involved if you really want to get the most out of your trip. And if you forget anything, don’t worry plenty of places to shop that would fit any budget.