London has an excellent connection to some of England’s best beaches. Picturesque dunes, sugar grain sands, ice cream, colourful beach. We love the English sea sides in all it’s beautiful weathers.
1. Minnis Bay, in Birchington Kent – this beach comes with free parking, kids play area with a paddling pool, windsurfing, kite boarding, sailing, restaurants and it even has blue waters like the Maldives. 1hr 52mins from London st Pancras. People come here for the sunset. It’s beautiful in the day and even more amazing just as the sun is going down.
Image via: .milesandbarr.co.uk
2. Bournmouth – in dorset, 2 hours train ride from London waterloo sits miles of golden sands. So much to do and see in Bournemouth.
You even get Palms! Mimicking some exotic holiday destinations.
Bournemouth have a beautiful blue water, sandy beach
3. West Wittering in East Sussex lovely sandy beach with separate areas for dogs. It has a large car park, you can have a BBQ on the sand or in the fields. Lots of shops, toilets and cleaning facitities to keep it neat and tidy. With just under 2 hours from London, no wonder its many families favourite.
image via tripadviser
4. Clacton-On-Sea in Essex is a stretch of clean golden sand, lots of cafes, bars, restaurants playing live bands. It’s just under 2 hours drive from London. Good train station with direct link to London Liverpool Street. Bus coach station.
Amazing rides, mini golf, water games including canoeing. Indoor play area, bowling, amazing restaurants from Mexican to American dinners all lined the street opposite the beach. The pier is lovely to go watch the annual air show or for just an evening romantic walk.
5. Mersea Island in Oyster Bars – This little Essex town will make you feel like you are in a different continent. From a family run vineyard service wine and cold bear while over looking the black sea, to water sports such as Kayaking. You will never be short of things to see and do. The beautiful blue water beach with a mixture of pebbles and sand is perfect for families with little ones as the water is shallow and hardly any waves. The views are stunning, especially as the sun is setting. you can see the lights from neighbouring towns twinkling like little stars. Don’t forget to collect some shells and pebbles!
6. Botany Bay near Broadstairs in Kent – Pretty little cove, chalk cliffs and blue waters just 1hr 25mins from St Pancras 2 hrs from Victoria. This is one of our family’s favourite, the cliffs will remind you of something from the Algarve.
7. Camber sands in East Sussex – A stretch of beautiful sandy beach for lovely pre and post dinner walks. Vast area of sands to play and build those sandy castles! Watch out for sand lizards! In the peak of summer, you might think you are somewhere in Morocco!
8. Holywell Retreat, East Sussex
The view is spectacular, it will take your breath away. just don’t be tempted to jump! and be careful when taking those perfect selfies.
9. Brighton – this vibrant cosmopolitan city boast not only of its colourful beach hunts and an amazing long stretch pier but also stony beach with blue waters. Just under an hour and half Brighton is one of the closest beache to London.
10. Margate Beache in Hastings – This beautiful beach is mainly sandy when the tides are low
Love for kids to paddle in the water.
This is a shortened version of some of our amazing UK seasides with amazing beaches.
If your favourite beach that is few hours from London hasn’t been mentioned, tell us about it in the comments section.