winter is here already, even though we are still officially in Autumn. The days are getting shorter, darker and grayer. And when you add a mixture of fog to that, visibility becomes difficult to pedestrians, bikers and motorist.
We have put together a few tips to keep you and your family safe this winter.
- Wear appropriate outdoor clothing.
- Wear bright coloured coat/jacket/vest or even back pack. This is especially important for kids. Due to their heights and body frame, motorist may find it more difficult to see them.
images: google images
- layer up. wear light, warm layers of clothes to keep extra warm. For younger children and babies, be mindful not to over heat them.
- Walk and drive slowly. Grounds are often very slippery. To avoid getting to your destination late, leave the home 15 mins early.
- Prepare a winter emergency kit to keep in the car. The kit (which could be an unused suitcase) could include food (non-perishable energy bars and snacks), water, flashlight with extra batteries, First Aid kit (this should always be in the car or a small one in your hand bag), plastic bag for sanitation, power bank to charge your mobile phones and few toys, magazines and books to keep the children engaged.
- Finally and most importantly, please don’t text while walking or text and call while driving. you need to be aware of your surroundings. Be alert. No distractions.
keep warm, keep safe and enjoy the beautiful weather!